FAT GRAPE (The Trustee for FAT GRAPE UNIT TRUST ABN 43 636 262 427)is bound by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), which sets clear standards relating to the management of personal information.
- what personal information we collect and hold;
- how we collect and hold it;
- the purposes for which we collect, hold, use and disclose it; and
- your right to access, seek correction orcomplain about privacy matters.
What personal information do we collect?
We only collect personal information with your consent and which is necessary for our business. You have no obligation to provide any information requested by us. However we may not be able to provide you with our full range of services (particularly where our collection of this information is required by law).
Personal information collected may include:
- your name, address and contact details;
- date of birth;
- your stated or likely preferences;
- bank account and credit account details (we do not store credit card details, only payment tokens via our secure payment gateway); and
- any other personal information you submit to us (including any product reviews or comments on any bulletin boards, blogs, online forums or competition entries).
How we collect and hold personal information?
We make a record of your personal information when:
- you register with us;
- you communicate with us online, telephonically, in person or in writing;
- you take part in our promotions, competitions, product reviews and online forums.
Personal information we hold is generally stored in our computer systems. These may be operated by us or by our service providers. FAT GRAPE has security processes in place to eliminate risks of misuse, loss or unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. We require our employees, partners, agents and contractors to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us.
FAT GRAPE uses third-party web beacons (Google Analytics) from Google to help analyse where visitors go and what they do while visiting our Website. When you visit our Website or use an application on our Website we may also collect information about you using technology which is not apparent to you, for example “cookies”.
What is a Cookie? Cookies are a feature of web browser software that allows web servers to recognise the computer used to access a site. They are small pieces of data stored by a user’s browser to simplify subsequent interactions with the site. This makes it easier for a user to move from site to site and to complete transactions over the Internet. Cookies should make your online experience easier and more personalised.
Our site utilises cookies to collect information about how our site is used. Passive Information gathered may include the date and time of visits, the site pages viewed, time spent at our site, the sites visited just before and just after visiting our site. If you do not wish to transmit “cookie” information about yourself, you may turn off the cookie function in your web browser.
Our site’s servers also automatically identify your computer by its Internet Protocol address, which is a unique string of numbers that are assigned to your computer by your Internet Service Provider. The IP address may be used to address problems with our server or to gather broad demographic information about our users. We passively collect your IP Address.
Why is personal information collected, held, used and disclosed?
All information provided by you is only used to ensure the best possible shopping experience. All information is strictly confidential. Your personal information will not be shared, circulated, nor modified in any way without your previous consent.
FAT GRAPE may also use your personal information to advise you of new products, special offers or promotions. It will be clear and simple to opt out of these communications and we will respond to an “opt out” request within 5 business days.
FAT GRAPE will not use or disclose any personal information about you without your consent unless:
- required or authorised by law;
- we believe this is necessary to provide you with the products or services you have requested (including for the fulfilment of any order you place via the Website);
- it is necessary to implement our terms of service;
- it is necessary to protect the rights, property or personal safety of an employee, another customer, or any member of the public; or
- some or all of the assets and operations of the business are or may be transferred to another party by way of sale of some or all of the business.
How to access and correct your personal information or complain about privacy matters
We are contactable by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing at 6/18 Industry Drive, Tweed Heads South, NSW, 2486.